Family Activity Ideas
Are you running out of ideas on how to play with, entertain, or encourage your child? Check out these ideas designed to promote growth, learning, curiosity, and fun for your entire family!
- Check out hundreds of live webcams, virtual field trips, and fun activities here.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems, author of many children's books, including "Don't Let the Pigeon Ride the Bus", will occur weekdays at 1 pm EST. Find his first YouTube video here.
- Keep moving! Check out Powerful Playground for some movement ideas for your children. This website normally requires a subscription but is temporarily available for free.
- For free, public domain audiobooks, check out LibriVox.
- Explore space using the free images and audio from NASA.
- Take a tour of 5 National Parks without leaving your home!
- Are you on Instagram? Check out @savewithstories to see celebrity authors such as Jamie Lee Curtis, Jimmy Fallon, and Jennifer Garner read their books aloud.
- Check out 100 activities you can do at home here.
- Do you have Facebook? Popular children's book author Julia Cook will be on Facebook Live every Monday and Friday at 10 am EST to read one of her stories and have the kids do a fun lesson. Find more information about what stories she plans on reading on her Facebook page.
Would you like to help your child learn more from the movies and TV shows they watch? Check out the PDF below to get some ideas on what questions you can ask to help your child think a little harder about what they're viewing.
Also, check out the pdf below for some great family ideas for CONNECTING and SHOWING KINDNESS: