Welcome to Special Services!! We are excited that you are visiting our web page and learning more about us. Special Services are legally required services that enable students to benefit from the instructional program. The Special Services staff serve all children in the district, including general education students, students with disabilities, students’ with medical conditions, pupils at-risk and students who are gifted.
Special Services in the Slippery Rock Area School District includes services in Special Education, Gifted Education, Guidance and Health, Psychological Services, Related Services (Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Assistive Technology, etc.), ADA and Chapter 504 Student Services Plans, English as a Second Language Programs, and Homeless Student Services.
Specific information relating to the following topics can be obtained from our office:
- Access to Student Records
- Attendance / Child Accounting
- Child Abuse
- Confidentiality of Student Records
- Early Intervention Transition
- Services for School Age Students with Disabilities
- Homebound Instruction
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Programs for High Achieving and Gifted Students
- Screening and Evaluation
- Services for Protected Handicapped Students
- Services for Students in Non Public Schools
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Special Services are an integral part to the Slippery Rock experience. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with all of the available supports and services and feel free to contact us with questions, inquiries, or concerns. Always remember…you are a part of the Rocket Family, and we are here to assist you and make your education experience with the district a positive one!
Dr. Laura Green
(724) 794-2960 x1013
(724) 794-2960 x1012
Secretary of Special Services
(724) 794-2960 x1011 firstname.lastname@example.org