Slippery Rock Area High School
Welcome to Slippery Rock Area High School
Welcome to Slippery Rock Area High School. Located in Butler County, roughly 50 miles north of Pittsburgh, the High School serves approximately 650 students in grades 9-12. Our high school experience offers students a wide variety of educational experiences, from robust academics including over 20 AP and Honors courses, to highly competitive athletics and state recognized fine arts programs.
Voted among America’s Best High Schools in 2017, 2018, and 2019, the District’s mission to cultivate knowledge and encourage independence is reinforced daily by our talented and dedicated faculty. Our experienced classroom teachers, guidance counselors, and support staff consistently provide an excellent learning environment for our students, while assisting them in realizing their academic, career, and social/emotional goals.
1. This message is for the HIGH SCHOOL building only. At this time, all other buildings in the District remain OPEN.
2. Students will not be able to attend school in person on Thursday or Friday. The plan is to resume live instruction on Monday, February 1st.
3. Students currently "Live Streaming"- This will impact you as well. There will be no "regular livestream" classes on Thursday or Friday. You do, however, need to log into Homeroom for Attendance purposes prior to 2:00 pm.
4. Students learning through Online Odyssey - This does not impact you. You should continue to work through your courses provided through Edgenuity.
5. Student Attendance - You must sign in to your Homeroom, via Google Classroom, prior to 2:00 pm on Thursday and Friday.
6. Coursework and Instruction will be available through Google Classroom. If you have questions or concerns, you should communicate with your teachers via Google Classroom.
7. On Friday, as we have in the past, teachers will provide a Google Meet opportunity for you during your regularly scheduled class time. This will allow you to meet with teachers and classmates throughout the day.
8. VoTech students - You will remain in your hybrid schedule. If you need a ride to VoTech, please contact Campbells Bus (724) 794-2440. They will pick you up at home, as well as return you to your house at the end of the day. In order to do this, however, they have to know that you need a ride.
9. Athletics - Please stay in contact with your coaches. At this time, we are planning to utilize the Middle School gym for games and practices. All communication will come from the Athletic Office and your coaches regarding your schedules for the rest of the week.
10. Technology - All students had the opportunity to bring home a chromebook this afternoon if they needed one. Should your needs change, and you need a chromebook, please contact Mr. Basham at (724) 794 2960 extension 2002.
I know this is a lot of information. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact your teachers directly, the guidance office, or the main office. We will do everything we can to assist you.11. Return Technology - The plan is to collect all chromebooks, and power cords, when we return on Monday morning. If you are a VoTech student, and still need to use the chromebook due to the hybrid courses, you may keep yours.