Here are a few important Back-to-School reminders:
- All students are required to have an updated immunization record on file.Requirements:
- Kindergarten: Physicals and Dentals exams
- Third grade: Dental exam
- Mandated school health screenings- Vision screenings have been completed on grades k-5. If you child had no concerns you can find results on Tyler. If you child had a referral, you will be receiving a copy sent home.
- PLEASE have a current and working phone number in the school office/health room in the event your child needs your attention.
- Visit the Slippery Rock school web page and click on Health Services for more information on student health, school forms, and other helpful links.
Feel free to call me if you need assistance with any of the above.
Allison Offie CSN, MSN, RN
Symptom Monitoring Information
Symptom Monitoring Information:
Parent/Guardian: More than ever, it is important to keep your child home when he/she does not feel well. Please review this screening tool before school every morning for each of your school age children. If your child is experiencing any of the following symptoms or you answer yes to any of the following questions, keep your child home and notify the school nurse. Contact your child’s health care provider for additional guidance or at the request of the school nurse.
Fever (100.0 or higher)
Stay home if, the student or any family members:
- Have one or more symptoms in Group A OR
- Have two or more symptoms in Group B OR
- Are taking fever reducing medication and or cough /cold medicine today.
If my Child has any COVID 19 symptoms as mentioned above, I will not send my child back to school until:
- My child tests negative for COVID 19 and is otherwise well enough to go back to school OR
- A health care provider has seen my child and documented a reason for the symptoms other than COVID 19 OR
- All of the following are true:1) at least 10 days since the start of symptoms has occurred 2) Fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medications AND 3) symptoms are improving.
Any sibling living in the household of a family member diagnosed with COVID 19 may not return for 14 days after the last day they were in contact with the ill child. You should try to isolate the sick student from well family members while at home.