Are You a SRAHS Alum. . .or Soon will Be? The SRHS Alumni Association Needs You! Generously Awards over $18,000 to Ten Deserving SRAHS Seniors Each Year - Always Seeking New Members - Email email@example.com to Get Involved Today!
SR Mayor Jondavid R. Longo's Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors planning to attend SRU, BC3, Westminster College, Grove City College, or New Castle School of Trades Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
Scholarship opportunity from Slippery Rock Mayor Jondavid R. Longo:
For the past three years, I have donated 100% of my Mayoral salary to Slippery Rock area charities and nonprofits.
This year, I want to reward young people who are choosing to keep their many talents and abilities close to home. To that effect, my Mayoral salary will be divided into quarters and awarded to four Slippery Rock Area High School seniors going to Slippery Rock University, Butler County Community College, Westminster College, Grove City College, or New Castle School of Trades.
Eligible students must:
- Be a graduating senior of Slippery Rock Area High School
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Be a member of one or more of the following organizations: SR Volunteer Fire Company, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Civil Air Patrol, Young Marines, Interact Club, Key Club, Habitat for Humanity, or a community service-oriented club, and
- Have been accepted to one of the aforementioned institutions of higher education/trades.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 3 – 5 paragraph essay on the importance of serving our community and practicing good citizenship. Cite examples of your own community service and how you plan to continue that service as a college or trade school student
- Copy of your acceptance letter(s) to Slippery Rock University, Butler County Community College, Grove City College, Westminster College, or New Castle School of Trades
- One letter of reference from a non-related school administrator or club/organization leader.
Deadline to apply is July 31, 2021.
SRU Federal Credit Union's 2021 Scholarship Contest! Applications available at email@example.com Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2021 Scholarship Contest! Winner(s) will be selected from applicants meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Must be a current member of SRU Federal Credit Union
- Must have a transcript indicating an overall GPA/QPA of "B" or higher
- Must be enrolled* at a college or university in an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program or enrolled* in a post-secondary vocational or technical program
- Preference will be given to those with volunteer service experience
- To get an application please stop into the lobby, ask through the drive-thru, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Enrollment must be complete at the date of scholarship distribution.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 30, 2021.